The last few posts have been about our Lara. It's time for an update on our Jaron!
Dave decided it's time to start weaning Jaron off the pacifier. Dave informed Jaron that he can only use the paci at nap time and bedtime. The first day did not go so well. Jaron wanted his paci when he wanted it, and we had to remind him that it was only for sleeping. After the first day we'd ask him for his paci when he woke up (I have to admit I was lenient the first morning that Dave was at work, but then Dave came home and had Jaron give it to him. Then I decided I should be more supportive of my husband). Jaron would shake his head no, and we'd remind him that is was only for sleeping, so he'd throw it at us or elsewhere in protest. But he would not ask for it after he gave it up. Then a couple days later I asked Jaron for it after he woke up. He threw it on the ground, then grabbed it and ran into his room, shut the door, and after about a minute he came out and handed it to me without me asking again. After a few minutes, he grabbed it and repeated the process of running to his room again. He did this a few more times, then the last time he came out of his room, laid on the floor by me and started snoring. He then stood up, handed me the paci and did not grab it again. Since then, when we ask him for his paci, he willingly hands it to us and tells us to put it up on the book shelf where we store his paci. There are times now that he'll immediately hand it to us when we let him out of his room, without us asking. There have been times he'd hide his paci in his room, then come out with it later in the day. But he still gave it up willingly when asked. This afternoon Dave did not get the paci right away. When I noticed Jaron had his paci, I asked for it. He then ran into his room, shut the door, and after a few seconds ran out and handed his paci to Dave and then told Dave to put it on the bookshelf. It was cute.
I just can't believe it has been this easy to wean him off daytime use of the paci. I hope it goes as smoothly when we wean him off completely!
Missionary Call
12 years ago







2 comments:
My mom hates my nephews paci! She says it keeps him from doing a lot of things. Chloe has one, but she isnt attached so we are cool with that. Good luck getting Jaron off of it! It sounds like it is going well despite the first few trys.
Parker would never take one. He would put it in... suck for a second and then he'd say, "This isn't a boob! PLAH!"
Post a Comment