Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jaron and Lara At The Dentist

Yesterday we went on a family trip to the dentist. Dave, Jaron and I were getting our teeth cleaned, and we brought Lara along because I was going to my friend Adria's afterwards and knew I would need to feed Lara by then.
Dave saw the dentist first. Jaron was not happy that Daddy was not where Jaron could get to him, so Jaron opened the waiting room door and went searching. I grabbed Lara and went after him. Jaron found Dave and was watching. The dental assistant went to grab a chair for Jaron to sit in the room with Dave when the dentist started reclining the dental chair which freaked Jaron out. So back into the waiting room Jaron went.
After a little bit, Jaron decided he needed to find Daddy again. This time he watched from the hallway and then he decided that everything needed to be in the hallway too. So Jaron grabbed his blanket and doggy backpack harness and brought them to me (I was in the hallway holding Lara). Then he went back into the waiting room and drug Lara's carseat into the hallway too. Jaron finally decided to go into the room with Dave and then it was my turn to get my teeth cleaned. Dave was getting xrays, so I had both kids going into the exam room.
Jaron would not sit in the chair and watch me, so the dentist had another assistant (I think she was his daughter) watch Jaron while I held Lara on my stomach and had my teeth cleaned. It was very interesting. Lara kept trying to eat my dental cover and grab at the dental tools. She had fun looking at everything and watching my teeth being cleaned too.
While I was getting my xrays, Dave took Jaron in for his examination and took Lara too. Jaron screamed and then Lara cried because Dave put her in her carseat so he could hold Jaron. The dentist let Jaron play with the water, but in the end Jaron would not cooperate, so no exam for Jaron. It was funny while I was getting my xrays. I could hear Lara and Jaron crying, and the assistant asked at one point, "Is that your son or your daughter?" It was Lara at that point.
So we had great fun =) We were the only ones there for most of the time and our dentist is in our ward. That was nice because we did not feel embarrassed by the whole situation. Hopefully we'll have better luck with Jaron next time.

No comments: