Dear Barry,
I hope you don't mind that I call you Barry. I assumed it would be OK because you seem to be trying to do away with old stuffy traditions and be the new, young, hip president. Case in point, refusing to let the Marine Corp Band play "Hail to the Chief" when you enter a room. I definitely think "Desert Rose" is a way better song any way.
I am writing to you in regards to your recent announcement regarding healthcare reform and universal healthcare for all. This concerns me deeply because I like my current healthcare plan. I like what my private insurance is willing to cover, I understand and accept what they won't cover, I like my premiums/co-pays, and I like being able to choose the best doctor/healthcare provider for me. I also like the fact that I can usually get an appointment within a couple weeks and I am willing to wait that long, because I know my doctor is working hard and doing his best. I also understand that I might not always be so fortunate to have the same level insurance that I have now. But my point is, I like private insurance. I like being able to choose who to see and when to see them. I don't want to lose my private insurance and be forced into government administered healthcare because, sure I may have to wait a couple weeks to see a doctor right now, I still think that's better than waiting months to see an underpaid medical profession that no longer enjoys his work because of all the mandates and restrictions placed upon him.
Have you even been paying attention to the rest of the world? Europe, Canada, and Cuba: they have ll proven that universal healthcare doesn’t work. Even look within to the great state of Massachusetts. They have tried universal healthcare on the state level, and now it’s projected that the state will go bankrupt in just a few short years because of increasing costs. They are even asking for and receiving stimulus money to keep it running. I don’t see how it would be any different on the federal level.
also don’t like the thought of paying an even larger portion of my salary for the government to spend on the healthcare of those that haven’t paid their fair share. Call me stingy and selfish if you must, but I don’t think its fair to rob from the rich and give to the poor. The receiver’s of his pillaging may have treated him like a hero, but Robin Hood was still a thief, plain and simple. I bet if they were on the other end, they wouldn’t feel the same way about him. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
A. Citizen
Missionary Call
12 years ago







1 comment:
AMEN BROTHER!!! I got that same exact email and was terrified!!!!
Post a Comment