So last night I was watching Jimmy Fallon and he made a comment that ticked me off. And at the same time, I realized I should just laugh it off, it's his job to my humorous comments on current events in his opening monologue, and that they all do similar things. I think the problem is, I'm not that big of a fan of his, I don't think he's as good as Leno or Conan, whom he replaced.
As you all should know, North Korea tested a nuclear weapon yesterday, detonating it underground to contain the explosion and fall-out, etc. Underground detonations of nuclear devices is standard MO and has been done for many years. I happen to think its a big deal that North Korea is testing one. Kim Jong Dill-weed is a psychopath and I don't think he's afraid to use it on anyone at anytime. Jimmy Friggin' Fallon says: "Have you heard about North Korea? They detonated an underground nuclear weapon today. So I guess they'll be ready if they're ever attacked by gophers."
Jimmy, you're an idiot...
What do you think? I'm I wrong in being upset? Should I laugh it off? Or am I right that Jimmy was down-playing the importance of such an event? Let me know.
Missionary Call
12 years ago







2 comments:
I'm not sure...I actually at first thougt that was a pretty funny joke. And it is his job as a comedian to make light of such things. But you have a point-what Korea is doing really is a serious concern. It sounds like Fallon doesn't understand at all what the point of detonating it underground was. Makes me worry that most of his audience is also out of touch.
tough call.
shirley
Corrina said she wasn't offended by it either. I don't know, maybe if I thought he was generally funnier comedian I would have thought differently about the joke...
Post a Comment