Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where Did My Newborn Go

Lara just turned 4 months old on Wednesday. I weighed her on Thursday and she is now 16lbs 11oz. We have not measured her, but the doctor will at Lara's appointment on Tuesday and I'll update then. I can't believe how much she has changed. She can roll over both directions, bear weight on her arms, and has more control of her hands (she can put large objects in her mouth and can grab at some of her toys). She loves to talk to everything (seriously...she's even talked to a thermostat). Jaron can't wait for her to be able to rough house with him. He is always trying to lay on her. The thing is, most of the time she smiles when he does. Lara is so attentive and likes to watch everything. Instead of saying she is easily distracted, I'm saying she likes to admire all of God's creations. She loves to play with toys and chew on everything she gets her hands on (hem of her dress, blankets, fingers, toys, etc.). I look at her at times and think, "Where did my newborn baby go?" I'll post pictures when I can.

3 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Holy crud! My mom said I weighed 18 lbs when I was 1!!! Thats crazy! Well she sounds like a smart baby! Post pics ASAP! I want to see your cute girl!

Kerri said...

wow, 18 lbs.....she's a cute girl. You know I love pictures so lets see some!!

Shirley said...

Aww...cute. Pictures, please! :)
Shirley