Monday, November 3, 2008

the new microsoft?

as i was loading trucks this morning, i started wondering if google has become the new microsoft. it almost seems that nothing can be done on the internet without the use of a google product. the google search engine, google toolbar, google maps, google earth, google news, gmail, blogger, and even the new google chrome. and how did google get verbified? (ex: if you're looking for something, just google it) and now its not just this, they are delving into the world of mobile communication with this. with all these applications, could google gain a monopoly on the internet world, and if so, how do they justify this when their unofficial motto is "don't be evil"?

p.s. prepare for a knock-your-socks-off post-election post. it is already in the formation stage in the brain of the dave

1 comment:

Shankar said...

If it isn't any good, don't use it. I use Google products all the time, but no one is forcing me to do so. I just like their products, although I haven't tried Chrome, yet. Firefox works for me (unless someone tells me Chrome hogs less memory, then I'll be very interested). And, incidentally, google is not a verb in my vocabulary.