Jaron meeting his baby sister
I wondered how Jaron would react to the arrival of his baby sister. I did not know if he would be jealous or treat her like he treats his cousin Heidi (wants to hold her and give her loves). The answer became very clear as soon as he stepped into my hospital room for the first time. He had not seen Dave and I since he went to bed the night before and he did not care, Lara became his whole world as soon as he laid eyes on her. Jaron immediately pointed to Lara and stuck out is arms to hold her. It was sooo cute.
Jaron all over Lara in the hospital...not mommy and daddy
I wondered if his love for Lara would change after we brought Lara home from the hospital and he realized she was not leaving. It's been over a week and he continues to shower her with hugs and kisses, wants to hold her all the time, feed her his food (still trying to teach him that she's not big enough for his food yet), and give her his toys to try to cheer her up when she's crying. When he wakes up in the morning, he wants to see her. My mom tells Jaron that Lara is still sleeping, so he must wait. But as soon as he hears Lara crying, Jaron is pounding at my bedroom door trying to break it down to get to her. Jaron would be happy to hold Lara all day long, which is funny since most kids only want to hold a baby for like 30 seconds and then their attention is elsewhere.
Jaron holding Lara after we came home from the hospital
I love watching Jaron interact with Lara. It's so cute and I don't want to discourage the love he has for Lara by not letting him see her and give her loves when he wants. I can see when Lara gets older, Jaron wanting to play with Lara all of the time and Lara telling Jaron to leave her alone. Lara is already trying to tell Jaron to leave her alone.
Jaron kissing Lara







4 comments:
Thanks for the comment Corrina. Yes it did scare me a little, but I realize too that it can vary from person to person.
I am so glad that little Jaron is liking his sister! That is always great news. The only thing I have heard from moms is to just keep the first one involved with the second one and be sure to give him attention too. If that happens everything will be fine. :)
he is so sweet! It looks like you are just as lucky as we have been when it comes to sibling relationships. Yay! I hope it lasts, too.
So cute! Hopefully we'll have a chance to give Eva a sibling (in the future) so she'll get the chance to love on a little brother or sister.
Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. What a wonderful baby you have. I cant belive how big she is! That is twice the size Sara was when she was born. You are amazing Corrina! I hope you are recovering well. Keep in touch. We are coming for Thanksgiving!!!! So maybe we can stop by if you are up to it?
Post a Comment