When we look at our lives, we see that we have received many blessings. Dave and I have noticed we've received many blessings in our marriage since pretty much the first day we were married, and the blessings just seem to keep rolling in. When we had Jaron, we were able to borrow many of the items we needed from other family members. This time, we are not so fortunate. But this has not stopped us from receiving what we need and/or want.
When I was attending the baby and me classes, that our local hospital offers after you have a child, I met several other moms that I ended up keeping in contact with. One mom is Shannon. Shannon and I would go on walks together about 2 times a week until the doctor told me I couldn't do that anymore. Now we have play dates for our kids when we can. Shannon has a daughter that is about 6 weeks older than Jaron, and she knows that Dave and I want to have 4 kids (eventually). When I found out I was pregnant again, she told me she was saving her daughter's clothes to give to me whenever I have a girl. She has now given me the clothes she has saved and an infant carseat, baby swing, and jumperoo. I'm so greatful that we did not have to buy these things as it can get costly.
This week, we found out the crib we have was recalled. Our crib had an attached changing table, dresser and bookcase. We loved it and were sad that it was too costly to replace with a similar style crib (it would cost us an additional $300-400). I had been looking at how much it would cost us to buy a changing table when Shannon called to see how I was doing and to tell me how her trip went. I told her about what had happened with the crib recall and that the type of changing table Dave and I wanted would cost more than we were willing to spend. Shannon then tells me that the changing table she has she no longer uses (and it was the style we were looking for) and she would love to give it to me, but she needed to make sure her husband was ok with getting rid of it. After she talked to her husband, she called and said he thought it was a great idea to give it to us. Today he dropped it off for us too!
We want to thank Shannon and her husband Jeff for helping us out so much. We owe them big time for the blessing they have been in our life.
Missionary Call
12 years ago







4 comments:
Wow! That's awesome. So what kind of refund or whatever did you get for the recalled crib?
That's really great. We're hoping for similar stories when our baby is born. We are grateful for all the prayers we've gotten from the whole family too. We know we wouldn't be pregnant if it wasn't for that.
Wow that is awesome. I'm glad you found me and I'm glad that you are doing well. When are you due. kit
Hey I got to read all of your blogs...I really can relate with this one. Aaron and I cannot fit more than the baby crib in our room, but we have emptied out the closet for a dresser we think may fit inside...lol.
Post a Comment