Today I had an ultrasound so my doctor could try to get an estimate on Lara's size (since Jaron was 9lbs 15oz, she wanted to not be as surprised). As the ultrasound doctor was taking measurements of Lara's femur, he stops suddenly and asks how tall I am. I'm 5'7", but I'm the shortest in my family. He looked quit surprised when the weight showed up on the screen. My mom made a comment about the ultrasound weight being off when she had me, it said I was under 7lbs and I was 7lbs 90z. The doctor then says that this baby will definitely be over 8lbs, and that according to the ultrasound, she's already 10lbs! The thing is, I'm not due for another 2 1/2 weeks...that's a lot more growing potential! The doctor explained that the measurements can be off by up to 25%...which means Lara is currently between 8 1/2lbs to 11 1/2lbs. We'll find out for sure when she finally comes.
Missionary Call
12 years ago







2 comments:
Wow! Good luck!
Holy Cow! I hope te ultrasound estimates are WAY inaccurate. Are they oing to induce you so Lara doesn't get too big?
Post a Comment