
i work for ups loading delivery trucks erly in the morning. it can be tedious at times and the mind has plenty of opportunity to wander and ruminate. one morning recently i was pondering on the current state of the election and i had a thought about obama's economic plan and what some commentators call "trickle up poverty". for those unaware, obama plans to "spread the wealth around" taking tax money for hardworking families and giving it to those that don't because apparently obama thinks socialism will work this time around. i realized that all this plan will do is encourage mediocrity. why should i work harder when they're just going to take all my money and give it to those to lazy to work for themselves. and then i took the thought a step further and realized that's exactly the union mind set. in a union situation, you don't get raises or promotions based on merit, it is completelty based on seniority, so there are no benefits to working hard. then i realized who one of obama's strongest supporters: the international brotherhood of teamsters, headed by jimmy hoffa's son, james hoffa. (sound like a mafia?, it should jimmy had strong mafia ties. why else do you think he is still missing today?) oh the joys of union politics.








3 comments:
I'm with you. Don't get me started talking about Obama's socialist plans!!! I thought that was exactly the thing we fought bloody wars over just a couple decades ago!
Oh, I saw an awesome t-shirt that said "Obamunism" on it and had his logo altered to include the hammer and sickle. I wish I had bought it much sooner in the campaign. If (heaven fobid) he is elected, I am SO buying that shirt.
Socialism started with government bailouts to private sector companies, well before we knew Obama will be the next on watch. Free market greed gone terribly wrong needs an unpleasant cure, and it is laced with a strong quantity of government action. If you want to call that socialism, so be it. But it's the only way out of everyone.
Post a Comment