As you may recall from
this post, Jaron has a group of duckies that have been living in his bedroom. As I mentioned previous, we decided just to let them stay there until Jaron was ready for them to go away. Fortunately, that first night was the only night that they disturbed his sleep, and they haven't bitten him since. Additionally, since they didn't break skin when they bit, we haven't had to worry about salmonella or rabies or whatever :-) He has continued to keep his door closed during the day so as to not let them out. But now they are his pets. Approximately a week or so ago, while his door was closed, I saw him open the door, pop his head in, say "Hi duckies!" and then close the door again. And then, earlier this week while I was at work, Corrina reports to me that Jaron wanted the door left open so the duckies could come out. Then later they went back in and he closed the door again. I just can't help thinking that it is so friggin' cute and very humorous that his proverbial "monster-under-the-bed" archetype has now turned into his "imaginary-friend/pet" archetype. (For a decent overview on the subject of archetypes, as defined by Carl Jung, follow
this link. Keep in mind that Star Wars is so popular b/c George Lucas studied the work of Joseph Campbell on the subject and modeled the characters and plots after common themes {"archetypes"} of mythology, etc.)
1 comment:
awesome update. I love it!
shirley
Post a Comment