Sunday, September 20, 2009

For Scientific Research

Today I had an "attack" at church. I call it that because I'm not sure what else to call it. The doctors cannot figure out why it happens or what it is. When I do not eat enough, I get weak and start shaking. This has not been a problem for a while because I have to eat so much while I'm pregnant and breastfeeding. I even forgot that it was a problem until it happened today.
Dave and I usually eat dinner late because it's just easier that way with the kids. We feed them and put them down for bed and then make dinner for ourselves. But we decided that we were going to start eating dinner with the kids, and yesterday was the first time we did. Whenever we had eaten dinner early before I would eat something else later in the evening, so I had not had a problem. Last night I did not. This morning I had a bowl of cereal and headed to church. I had a prompting before we left that I should grab a protein bar just in case, but I ignored it.
I was sitting in Relief Society, holding the hymnal for the opening song, and noticed I felt shaky. I thought it would be fine, we had less than an hour left, so I was going to wait. But I started feeling more shaky. I still wanted to wait. Finally I decided that I needed to go. I went to get Dave, then we went to get Jaron from nursery. The nursery leader started to tell us why it was hard on them and the children when we pull kids out early (and that she knew that we probably had a good reason) when I blurted out, "I need to go home and eat." So she offered me some crackers or goldfish crackers. Knowing that crackers have never worked in the past, I chose the goldfish in hopes that the minimal amount of cheese in them would help. But they didn't, the shaking was worse by the time I got home. So now I am going to try to remember that I still need to eat before I go to bed.
Now, some of you may be thinking I'm diabetic or hypoglycemic, but I'm not. I have been tested I don't know how many times for these and for my thyroid, but the tests come back negative. The doctors do not know what is wrong, it's just something weird that my body does.
This got me thinking today. I have several "problems" that the doctors do not know why I have them, it's just something weird my body does. I have a heart bruie. The blood flow in my artery right before the veins split to go on each side of my stomach does not flow straight through. It swirls and then flows out. This is usually a sign of high cholesterol or an aneurysm, but I have neither. There are other things, but right now my Mommy Brain is blocking them from my memory. So I was thinking, maybe after I die I should donate my body for scientific research. Then maybe they can figure out why my body does the weird things that it does. I don't know, what do you think?

1 comment:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Man I am sorry to hear about that Corrina. I hope that the doctors can find out what is wrong. You could be just really overly tired. But I really don't know. I hope you are able to function normally at least after you are done nursing.