This morning I heard a caller claiming BO is trying to unify the country while Rush Limbaugh is try to divide it. This set the mind a-ruminatin' and it had a couple thoughts.
The only way BO would let the country be unified is if all the right were dragged kickin' and screamin' over as far left as he is. If he really wanted to unify to make the country better, he would try to convince both right and left to come more into the center. "I start walkin' your way, you start walkin' mine, we'll meet in the middle 'neath that old Georgia Pine..."
And is unification really a good thing? The Founding Fathers established this great nation with some very specific and important separations: Separation of Church & State is one example. This helps guarantee freedom of religion so all men can worship how, where, or what they may with out gov't intervention. The division of powers was established to maintain a checks-and-balances system so neither the president, nor the congress nor courts could take full control of the government. And the only real way to prevent Congress and the President from working in league is to have the 2-party system. Whenever a particular party (I don't care if its republicans or democrats) has control of both congress and presidency, that spells trouble for the nation because then they can pretty much enact any law they desire with out much opposition. Unfortunately for this epoch in our history, not only do we have the most liberal president in history, both the House and the Senate are equally liberally skewed.
Is Obama's attempts and plans for unification really for the nation's best interest or just to gain more power for the liberals?
Missionary Call
12 years ago







2 comments:
I like to read all of this political stuff on your blog. It's nice to hear it broken down with the information that I care about and want to hear, not all of the media's bias. :-D
Thank you
I must say all this political blogging is getting Aaron and I all fired up! We love it. It has been a great perspective to see it from someone who agrees with us and I am sure many other people now agree with you too. Obama was a mistake and what happened to his tax break??? No one is getting refunds and in fact many people are OWING this year in both federal and state tax...just thought we would throw that in there.
Post a Comment