Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lara Is Yet Another Month Older

I can't believe Lara is 5 months old already. This last month has been a big month for her developmentaly. One day I told Dave, "Lara is very independant, and she works hard at showing us everyday." Here's the month in review...sort of:
*Lara now has 2 teeth!
*Lara went from working really hard to roll over to turn your back on her for a split second and she's done it again! She'll even start to roll on us as we put her down.
*Loves her feet! She will try to eat them at every chance she gets. It's funny to watch her bend in half.
*Loves her froggy teether rattle toy. Didn't really play with any toys before this month.
*Went from just laying on her tummy to bearing some weight on her arms to pushing herself all the way up on her arms to pulling her legs under her to putting a little weight on her legs to pushing herself completly off the ground on hands and knees to lifting herself up on her hands and feet.
*Is rocking back and forth on when on her hands and knees
*Inchworms herself forward to get something she wants
*Reaches for objects
*Loves to play with paper and put it in her mouth and gets very upset when we take it away
*Can pull herself up to sitting when we hold her hands
*Can pull herself from sitting to standing if we hold her hands
*Can sit for a couple seconds on her own
*Lunges at Mommy when she wants me
*And so much more...just can't think of them right now
I can't believe she'll be 6 months in a month and we'll be starting her on solids then. She even may be crawling by then...and then we'll really have our work cut out for us...especially with her big brother leaving all sorts of things she should not have around the house. Lara is such a happy baby. She just smiles and smiles and smiles and sometimes she'll laugh. I was watching her last night at our ward dinner smiling up a storm. I looked around to see who was smiling at her and there was no one there. She was just looking off into space and enjoying it. I'll try to post some pictures of her accomplishments...but we have not uploaded the camera since Thanksgiving. I would recommend not holding your breath =)

1 comment:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Yay!! Happy 5 months Lara! :) I want to see more pics! :)