Friday, April 17, 2009

Help Alisha Go to St. Joseph's

I met Alisha when she was 2 years old and I was one of her Nursery Leaders at Church. Alisha has a syndrome called Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. I don't know much about it but I do know that, among other things, it has caused her to have some issues with feeding dysfunction. She has been making progress but she also has recently been accepted into a program at @ St. Joseph's Children Hospital in New Jersey called The Center for Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing. They are trying to raise $6500 dollars to attend the program and I have offered to do whatever I can to spread the word. If you have a facebook account, you can visit the page for a fundraising event this coming Thursday here. Straw Hat Pizza in Rancho Cordova is donating 50% of all dine-in PIZZA orders to help her attend. All you have to do is mention Alisha. If you are unable to make it to the event, you can always donate directly, and track her progress, fundraising and in the program, at her blog here. Please feel free to tell as many people as you can about this. It really is a good cause.

No comments: