I must say that I am a little jealous of those of you that are able to multitask while breastfeeding. For me, it is all I am able to do at the moment. It's not that I'm new at this and just need to adjust; it's, as one lactation consultant informed me when Jaron was about a month old, that gravity is working against me. Being larger chested is not what it's cracked up to be. My body does not line up correctly so it takes one hand to hold my baby and the other to keep my breast in place. If I let go, then I "fall out" of my baby's mouth. The lactation consultant I saw when Jaron was a month old suggested I roll up a washcloth and put it under my breast to hold it in place. I tried it but it was to much to do as Jaron usually gave me no warning and was very impatient (don't know where he got that from =) ) and at 4 months he decided he wanted to switch sides every minute (he was a flow chaser...not patient once again). It also seemed that the washcloth was still not putting me quite in the right spot. I've just not bothered with Lara because I'm just use to what I do now. I have found though that when I'm in my bed that my Boppy on top of a pillow puts my arm the right height for Lara's head. At those moments I get to experience what it's like to have a free hand, but I'm confined to my bed and not much I can do there. So, if you ever felt like you'd just like to be a little bit bigger and you're breastfeeding and can multitask, be thankful that you're not. You'd end up like me =)
P.S. If you are bigger, you could see if the washcloth suggestion works for you. My tip for the day =)
Missionary Call
12 years ago







1 comment:
Well I am definitely the mulitasker myself, but I appreciate the post because it helps me know that being big is not all its cracked up to be
Post a Comment