I was extended a new calling in church today. When I met with the 1st councelor, he prefaced it by saying "Its kind of a different calling, you probably haven't had it before..." I immediately thought "He's calling me to serve in the nursery", which is funny because since we've been married, this is our third ward and I have served in the nursery in both of our other wards. (I was even the "leader" not just a worker, in our last ward). Sure enough, I am now three for three. :-) Which is fine... Most of the time I really enjoy it, maybe because I'm just a big kid. :-) I will miss the asociation with the men in the Elder's Quorum, though, but Oh well. Later, I was thinking about it and in the 6 years that I've been home from my mission, I have served in almost every organization in the ward (obviously not YW or RS) I was ward mission leader in my singles ward, Corrina & I team taught primary in our first ward, then I was shifted over to nursery. Whe nwe moved up to Chico, our first ward here called us as the nursery workers then I went from Deacon's Quorum Advisor/2nd councelor in the YM presidency to the 11year scout leader. After we moved into this ward, I was called as the Elder's Quorum secretary and then the Financial Clerk. and now back to Nursery...Where haven't I served. :-)
P.S. 90 posts!
Missionary Call
12 years ago







3 comments:
Congrats! That's really funny. Very interesting that you've been in so many organizations. They really move you around a lot. The only thing I've ever done is Primary and music. Chris' only been primary and EQ. The only other thing I can think of that you can't check off yet is activities committee.
shirley
Awesome. When I used to spend a lot of time in the nursery with Ryan, I got to know the kids pretty good and they're still my little buddies. Have fun
funny thing about the activities comitee: when the High Counselor was interviewing me to relase me from Finance Clerk, he said "And I understand they've already called you to the activities commitee?" "Uh what?" "Oh, I was under the impression that they had already extended the call." lol
Post a Comment