I have friends that like to decorate for every season and holiday, friends that like to decorate cakes and cookies, friends who like to do cutesy birthday things, friends who like to make crafts for different occasions too. I think it's cute, and if it's your thing, go for it! Something I realized was I'm not the mom who:
- Decorates for every season and holiday
- Decorates cakes and cookies
- Does cutesy birthday things
- Makes crafts for different occasions
- Does themed Christmas trees every year
- Makes sandwiches and snacks that look like animals
- Wears make up everyday
- Makes sure my hair is perfect
- Wears the latest trends
- Has a closet full of shoes
- Is perfect
I can go on and on, but I won't...hahaha. I'm just a mom who's a low key, no frills kind of gal. I'm ok with that. I do have things I do like to do. I'm the mom who:
- Makes quilts for my kids
- Makes dresses for my daughter
- Has one way of decorating my home
- Decorates for Christmas
- Has a "homespun" Christmas tree every year
- Likes my sleep
- Takes my kids on adventures
- Coupons to provide for my family
- Gets lots of cuddles
- Wears mostly flip flops
- Has clothes that are stained from kids
- Makes up funny songs
- Loves music
- Loves to explore
- Rearranges furniture when I need a change
- Is not perfect
I'm happy with who I am. Sometimes my kids ask why I don't do something like another mom. I tell them, "That's just not me." I hope they see from my example that they don't have to be like anybody else. We are all different, we like different things, and we have different talents. I hope when they get older and look back, they think I'm a cool mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment