It is well known that I help more around the house than many (most?) other husbands and people have been known to get jealous about it.
My thought was, why is it, when people see this, they automatically think that Corrina is a control freak and forces me to do these things. Has anyone considered that maybe I'm the control freak and won't let Corrina do it so I can make sure it is done they way I want it done?
Many will say, "that's ridiculous, we know you're not like that" and my response is: the other scenario is equally ridiculous. It's a little something called communication and division of labor. We have talked about it and have decided on how to divide the tasks how they work best for us as a couple.
And the only reason I can see why anyone would care is because A) the wife wishes her husband could be as helpful as me, and B) the husband wishes I didn't make them look bad.
To this I say: maybe you need to talk with your spouse and make some changes. But above all, get over it and quit judging us for what works for us.







No comments:
Post a Comment