Monday, March 8, 2010

We're Done...At Least For Now

It has been a hard decision with lots of prayer and discussion between Dave and I (as it should be with any couple because it really is a personal decision). I think I had the harder time with it, especially since there have been a lot of people trying to push me this way and it was not their decision to make, so I resisted. I have always wanted 3 or 4 children, I grew up with just one sibling and always wanted more. But, as Dave puts it, I may have a body built for bearing huge babies, but it tears my body up. With Lara, I lost 5 pints of blood due to hemorrhaging, which I am still recovering from 16 months later. Dave says he'd rather have me alive, and I would rather be able to be a mom to my children then the lump on the sofa I have been this whole time. So we have made the decision call our family good. We have not ruled out the possibility of children in the future, but only when we know I'm healthy enough to go through pregnancy again, and when we know we can handle all of the things that happen to me again. But that will probably be after Dave is done with school and Jaron and Lara are in school and can somewhat take care of themselves. Unless we have a "surprise" =)
So I'm letting go of all the baby stuff my children have grown out of. It's kind of sad saying goodbye, and I may shed a few tears when we actually give those things away, but this is what is best for our family.
P.S. If you are borrowing anything of ours, it is now yours.

2 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

I am sure that if I were in your situation, I would call it good as well. You know your body more than anyone else does. Coming from just my experience having Chloe, I am hoping that the next labor and delivery goes better. Good luck with everything!

Wes said...

It must be very difficult - not just making such a serious decision but more importantly sharing that with others even though its really nobody else's business. But I'm sure it will help people be more understanding when there is always a lot of pressure to always have more kids and have them now. But you're right, maybe in the future, just stay close to each other and to the Lord.