Saturday, February 28, 2009

An Update

I've been summond to update my blog (Autumn and Ashley). Well...we've been busy with Dave returning to work and school. Dave is on track to graduate next spring and hopefully will be moving on to pharmacy school after that. Dave was called as the financial clerk in our ward. It's nice that he has a Sunday only calling for now. A couple of weeks ago I had mastitis...painful and no fun. I'm glad it's over now. I'm hoping I will get my energy back soon so that I can be more involved with my children. I would love to be able to take them to the park, play games with Jaron and go on walks again. I hate not being able to be the mom I would like to be. I just need to be patient...which I'm not good at.

Jaron is growing up more an more everyday. It's hard to believe he's going to be 2 this month. We got his hair cut 2 weeks ago. Dave's happy that Jaron's not being confused as a girl anymore. Right now he is really into Pixar's Cars. He has over 50 words now and more continue to be added almost everyday. I'm glad he's talking now, the pediatrician had been worried. I'm glad that at his next doctors appointment we do not need to push to not have him see a speech therapist. A week ago Jaron figured out how to open the doors in our apartment. We put the childproof handle covers on the doors...two days later he took them off. He continues to be our little Houdini. He is such a spirited child. Some days we just want to pull out our hair...ok, so it's like almost everyday. I think I need to find one of those parenting books on how to raise a spirited child. Suggestions are welcome. It's crazy how one minute I want to take a very long break from him, and then he does something that melts my heart and I'm so glad he's my child again.

Jaron with long hair

Jaron after his haircut

Lara is growing up so quickly. She's 3 1/2 months now. We can't believe she's been with us that long, it seems like we just came home from the hospital with her. She was 16 1/2 pounds and 26 inches the last time we checked. A couple of days ago she rolled over from her back to her stomach. Jaron did not do that until he was closer to 5 months...I think. She is teething and is miserable. We are not sure what to do. Jaron was not bothered by his teeth coming in. She refuses to nurse during the day...she will only take a bottle. We were not sure if she was refusing to nurse because she is sick or teething until today when I felt her gums and felt the tooth that is coming in. I hope it comes in soon so she feels better and we can get things back to normal again...and that she doesn't bite me. Lara loves to talk and look at everything. She likes to lay on the ground...she gets mad sometimes if she feels we are holding her too much. I love hearing her laugh and the smiles she gives me when she sees me. She is such a joy to our family. We took her 3 month pictures a few weeks ago. Here are some of them.

3 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Okay, so basically I didn't talk til I was 3 years old!! So the pediatrician can stuff it. Ha. I love the pics of Lara! She has such a cute little face. And I feel ya with the bottle thing. I have been kinda on and off with nursing. I have not given her formula yet, but I have already decided 6 months for nursing and we are done. :) Glad you took mine and Autumns advice and updated your blog...we were wondering where you ran off to. P.S. I have also had recurring breast infections...all with fevers of 103, and they are HORRIBLE...I feel your pain!

Unknown said...

Well... okay.. I forgive you because you've been so busy! Jaron looks so different with his little boy hair cut! I love it! Lara is getting so big! Hope we get to visit again soon!

Corrina Hale said...

We were not worried about him not talking. We just did not want to keep telling the doctor we did not want to do anything yet. We're not that great when it comes to confrontations =) We'd love to see you Autumn! Maybe you can come up when the weather is nicer. There's a nice playground up her that Parker may love.