Recently, while listening to one of the several conservative radio shows I listen to, the host pointed out that it appears Obama's is already planning his campaign for re-election, or even that he is running for President of the World. I have noticed that all his actions are set up to make him look good if it succeeds yet cover his bum and blame someone/something else if it fails. Case in Point: even though Republican votes were not needed to pass his Porculus Bill, he campaigned long and hard to get some to vote for it to make it look like a bipartisan effort. That way, if it turns out to be a huge failure (and it will) he can wash his hands of it and say "but the republicans voted for it too." And on the other side of it, when he signed it into law, he did it in a ceremony with much fanfare, but just him. He didn't invite the authors of the bill to stand by his side when he signed it to give credit to them. That way, if it were to be success, he can take all the credit.
But after the radio host mentioned that Obama is acting like he is already campaigning for the next election, I stumbled upon an epiphany: Campaigning is the only thing in politics he knows how to do. He started his political career as a "community organizer." As far as I understand it, all a community organizer does is (more or less) campaign and rally people together for his cause. From there, he campaigned for, and won, a seat in the senate. Did he do much as a senator? No, as soon as he got sworn in, he started campaigning for the presidency. Although he didn't do it overtly, it is clear that he had the presidency as a goal. Now that he has won the presidency, he has said that he doesn't want to be in the white house and he has constantly been traveling across the nation having town hall meetings, as if he is preparing the next election. Does this look like the signs of an effective leader? If he spends so much time trying to get people to like him, is he going to be able to focus on the issues that are really important for the nation? I think not.
Missionary Call
12 years ago







5 comments:
Not to meantion his excessive, wasteful spending of tax payer money for abortions in countries other than our own. Soon he plans to punish medical professionals who chose not perform abortions on moral grounds. I guess his slogan got cut off for being to long, I think the real slogan was, "Yes we can steal your freedom and your money... and you're going to like it!"
Does he remind you a little bit of the war in heaven when Satan wanted to take away agency because he said it was better for us?
Aparently Obama knows best!
PS- Your wife needs to update her blog! Tell her she's in trouble because you're out-posting her!
I second the comment Autumn made about your wife! Where has she disapeared to anyway??? Yes Obama is short for Obamanation, but we all know that I hope. We are going to have a BIG problem in America, and it will not be pretty. I could not agree with your post more...when I say: "one day I was driving to work last year and saw someone hold up an Osama sign and for a min thought of Osama Bin Ladin...how ironic is that?
Wow! Great epiphany! I hadn't thought about it like that. I did think it was odd that he was out doing town hall meetings to try and convince citizens about how great the porculous bill was-when it obviously wasn't the American people who were passing the bill. Definitely campaigning!
Shirley
I agree with you very much. Since he has beefn in office I have befome very interested in government issues. It is scarry to watch all this happening yet exciting to think we are getting that much closer to Christ comming again. But for now I will just be scared for what Obama and his fan fare are doing to the county.
Post a Comment