So today I had a 2 week followup with my doctor about
my knee. (my "real" doctor, not the 1st doctor I saw at the immediate care facility) At my first visit he did a physical and ordered some blood work to try to figure out the pain and check my cholesterol, etc. The immediate care doctor diagnosed my knee as prepatellar bursitis but one of the blood tests was to check for indications of inflammation or infection, indicative of bursitis. There was no indication of either so he disagreed with the bursitis diagnosis. He believes the pain I've had for 12 years is just residual pain from
Osgood Schlatter disease and the swellng was caused by some mechanical reason, like injuring the knee (or maybe from playing basketball the saturday before it swelled up.) He also said that my cholesterol levels are great, that Americans usually don't have the numbers I have and that it should probably stay about the same unless I put on a bunch of weight. I told him I'm hoping to take off the weight I've put on in the last four months. So I'm even more motivated to lose that 30lbs so I don't have bad cholesterol later in life. (I'll probably be dispensing cholesterol/blood pressure medication in the future, doesn't mean I want to take it myself)
No comments:
Post a Comment