Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year and A Look Back At The Old One

What a year! Our baby boy turned one, I became pregnant and gave birth to our beautiful daughter, we started the year in a new ward that we love, Dave was called to be the Elder's Quorum secretary (are we really growing up?), I taught Valiant 11 (thanks Dave for all your help while I was pregnant), our niece Heidi was born, and after over a year of trying, Dave was finally able to start his pharmacy experience. Life has been good to us. A year ago we moved into our new apartment, which has been such a blessing. It's roomier and rent was considerably less than our old apartment (not to mention way nicer...love central heating and air conditioning). Heavenly Father has blessed us greatly. We could never be thankful enough for the blessings that have been poured upon us.

This next year is going to be exciting. We get to watch our little girl grow and develop. By the end of this next year I'm sure we'll be looking back and saying, "I can't believe how much she has grown." Our son will be growing as well, and we look forward to seeing what he does this next year. This next year we will have our first experience with the dreaded terrible two's. I hope it's no worse than the tantrums Jaron throws already =) Dave will be applying for pharmacy school this summer. We're getting closer to moving on to the next season in our life. Neither of us are transitioners...so it's really scary and exciting all at the same time. This next year we will be adding two new nieces to our family. Dave's brother Will and his wife Nancy are expecting their daughter Eva in March and my brother David is expecting his daughter in February. I can't wait to see what else the new year brings!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I know how you feel about all the changes coming up. We're realizing how much different life will be in the next few months, and it's scary/wonderful.

Ashley Gilbert said...

Yay! You both have had a great year and so much more to look forward too! Congrats on Dave getting ready for pharmacy school!