Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jaron Hits Another Milestone

This morning we discovered Jaron knocking on his bedroom door. Sounds unimportant, right? The thing is he should have been in his crib. That's right, Jaron can climb out of his crib! Good thing we shut his door when he's asleep or I'm sure we would have had a lot more suprises. We thought maybe the pillow we put under his mattress may have given him enough extra height to make this possible, so at nap time I removed it. Sure enough, he escaped his crib as I was watching. Guess it's time for a big boy's bed. The great thing is we hoped he would be ready by the time we're ready to put Lara in the crib...yeah, we don't have to buy another crib. The not so great thing, he's fighting sleep again. When he finally fell asleep at nap time, it was on the floor in front of his door. It was so cute, I had to take a picture.
His foot was blocking the door and the room was dark, so this was the best picture I could get. We also have video footage of our little escape artist. I'm having issues uploading it, but once we work it out, I'll add it on.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Will is suggesting barbed wire to keep Jaron in his crib a little longer. You know, kinda like at a prison. :) Will is crazy. Enjoy finding a big boy bed.

Shirley said...

I love pictures of kids sleeping places other than their beds. I'm thinking of devoting an entire photo album to it for Belle. :)

Unknown said...

I'm with Will. You could build a little wall and have some soldiers with guns make him stay in his crib. They could interigate Jaron too. "DID YOU STEAL YOUR SISTER'S BA-BA? DID YOU!?!!??!?"

Okay... perhaps that's a tad over the top.

Ashley Gilbert said...

I think you should make a huge celebration out of it and see what he does. Like put up balloons, bake a cake and invite some playgroup friends or kids from church and put him in his crib and let him get out. Then have them all yell "suprise!"...maybe that will scare him though Hahahha.

Holly Walton said...

Nice!!! I guess these are all the fun things that I get to look forward to huh!!

Michelle Elena said...

How old is Jaron

Ashley Gilbert said...

Yes it would be great to go med free. :) I am sure all of us women are somewhat baised huh? It figures though. Its like saying our babies are the cutest...lol. Yes that is awesome that Dave got to catch Lara! I would love for Aaron to be able to catch Chloe. :) How exciting! Hopefuly I can handle the pain...lol.