Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday. Yeah! I'm a whopping 28, only 2 years away from 30. I guess that makes me a grown up, but I still feel like I'm about 20. I'm not doing anything special today. I'm getting sick, my husband is sick and comatose on the sofa, my son is getting over being sick and is currently wiping his runny nose in my hair, and I'm hoping my daughter's cough and stuffiness does not get worse. We were planning on going to Sacramento for Christmas, but if Dave does not get better or I get worse, we'll be staying home this year. I guess it's a tradition for me to be sick on my birthday, I can't really remember a time that I wasn't. So I'm going to do a little reminiscing and put down some other thoughts.

4 years ago I got married to my wonderful hubby, feels like I've always been married to him (in a good way) and like it has not been that long all at the same time.

10 years ago I was a senior in high school. Wow! I can't believe it's been that long.

I thought I would be done with school by now. I was 2 years away from getting my bachelor's degree when we found out I was expecting our son. I planned on still finishing on time, until I realized that math (my major) and pregnancy brain do not go well together. It will be a while before I will be able to return to school. Dave is 3 semester away from Pharmacy school, which he needs to be completely focused on once he gets there, so finishing will need to wait. I need retake my lower division math classes again to refresh my memory before I can continue on, and I can't do that and finish before he moves on to grad school. I don't mind waiting, I just worry that if something happens to Dave, I won't be prepared. I know what I'm doing now is what Heavenly Father wants me to do, I just need to have faith that everything will work out.

Jaron is 21 months today. I can't believe he is 3 months away from turning 2. I looked at some pictures of him from a year ago last night. I can't believe how much he has grown. Just a year ago he was not walking without holding on to objects and now he is running everywhere. His hair is longer and he looks so grown up. Where did my baby go?

Lara is 6 weeks old today. Wow, how time has flown by. She is growing so much and I just want to hold on to the memory of where she was just a few weeks ago. Where did my little (sort of) baby go?

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Corrina! I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel about always being sick on your birthday. I think it's something to do with having a birthday in the winter. Merry Christmas!

Ashley Gilbert said...

Happy Birthday Corrina! We hope it is a good birthday even though you are sick. It seems like everyone is coming down with something. My moms side of the family were all sick about a week ago...it was nuts. Have a great Christmas too! Love Ash

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday... I know that your sick... but just remember... you share your birthday with the Prophet Joseph!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully you are all better soon.