Unfortunately, they changed their menu and now the place has lost some of its pizzazz. The menu has more options, but now has the feel of any other chain restaurant you could go to. It appears that, instead of embracing their French Quarter personality, they are trying to be just any other French restaurant. In fact, the current specials insert in the menu had the theme of the Tour de France and each week (or so) they were going to highlight a different region of France. The semi-upscale french menu just doesn't fit in with the French Quarter memorabilia on the wall. Corrina commented that the carrot raisin bread wasn't as good as she remembered it, and I felt the same about the French Onion Soup. The soup itself tasted fine, but there was something different about the bread and melted cheese on top. Now, I will admit that the change in taste could be because we haven't eaten there in a long time and our memories deceive us, or the fact that we don't eat out as much anymore so our taste buds have adjusted to the homemade food over restaurant food, but I just can't get over the fact they they changed their menu. Like I said earlier, they are not a French Restaurant, they are a French Quarter Restaurant and should return to that. Their food is average and their menu is average. I don't think we will be returning there any time in the near future.
Missionary Call
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment