Hi, my name is Corrina and I'm a boxaholic.
Whew! That felt great to get off my chest :)
A few days ago I told Dave I was thinking about going through all of our stuff and purging (by the way...we had already gone through everything a week ago and had a full car load we donated to a thrift store). I told him that I was thinking about letting go of things I've been holding on to for the day we finally settle into a house this time around. I've finally realized that by the time we are at that point, I will probably want something else anyways. So off we went on our great purging adventure.
We've gone through closets, cupboards, storage bins and even the kitchen sink...ok, not really the kitchen sink...but you get my point. We've spent the last 3 days doing this, and we're still not done! We've purged pyrex (3 pie plates because I decided 4 was over kill since we don't use then), food storage containers, Christmas decorations, magazines, toys, blankets...the list goes on and on...and boxes.
That's right, boxes! Boxes, boxes and more boxes. I think that I have moved so much in my lifetime, and know I'm not done moving, that I save the boxes to things we have so we can box those things back up when we move again. To top it off, we rarely use those boxes to put the original items in, we put other things in it. When I was pregnant with Lara, and went on a nesting purging spree, I let go of a few of those boxes. Evidently the boxes I left behind were procreating this past year...because we had a ton of boxes we got rid of this time. This time I said "bye" to all of the boxes...and I can't believe the closet space that we now have open!
So now we continue on our purging spree, simplifying our lives and freeing ourselves of "stuff."
P.S. Mom, don't get mad about the pyrex...because I know you're shaking your head at me. At least I kept the Tupperware this time :)
Missionary Call
12 years ago







3 comments:
When Andrew and I move we always have a TON of stuff to donate. I don't even know where it all comes from! I sware someone just fills my house with crap without my consent or knowledge!
Hahaha. Aaron and I purged a lot of our stuff the last time we moved and I imagine we will when we move again. Seriously, good for you guys. It is a daunting task to re-organize and re-vamp your belongings.
PS- Don't you think that people should be forced to admit that stuff when they're dating? Common Corrina, you've been a pack rat as long as I've known you and that's been what, like 8 years now??? LOL
Post a Comment